In this article we are going to break down everything you need to know about how to vape CBD oil, from what it’s made from to how you can smoke or vape it and everything in between.
- What is CBD vape oil
- How is CBD vape oil used?
- What kind of vaping devices do I need?
- What wattage to vape CBD oil?
- The vape oil in my tank is starting to taste funky, what do I do?
- How does a CBD vape pen work?
- How much CBD vape oil should I be using or vaping?
- What is the best vape mod for CBD vape Oil?
- Can you mix CBD with nicotine vape?
- The types of devices you need to vape cbd
- What is CBD isolate
What is CBD Vape Oil?
CBD Vape Oil also known as CBD Vape Juice, is an oil specifically formulated to be used in an electronic device known as a vape pen or a vape device.
The most common Vape oils, as well as our very own, consists of the following ingredients:
- CBD Isolate (Cannabidiol)
- Food grade natural and artificial flavorings like strawberry, blueberry, mango etc.
- VG (Vegetable Glycerin) – Helps in vapor production
- PG (Propylene Glycol) – Helps in thinning the oil, and enhance the flavor
How is CBD Vape Oil Used:
The simple answer is… you start off with a high-quality CBD Vape Oil, you pour it into your favorite vaping device, tank or pod style system, turn the power on, push the power button and take a draw. Sit back and relax.
If you’re new to vaping CBD it gets a little more complicated. The first thing that probably comes to mind is…
What kind of vaping device do I need?
You can use almost any vape devices, but you do want to take into consideration the tank (which holds the oil) and heating element (the coil that heats up to produce vapor).
There are specific requirements that will make your CBD vaping journey more enjoyable.
What you want to look for is a vaping device with a tank or pod style system that has a ceramic or a mesh style coil. These types of coils produce the most flavor and the cleanest draw when inhaling the vapor produced.
What wattage to vape CBD oil?
Some vape devices have an option to select how much wattage you want going to the coil.
The higher the wattage > the hotter the coil gets > the more vapor it produces. With higher wattage your run the risk of damaging and burning the coil (you’ll know when you get a burnt taste).
So stay low, 12 watts is a good starting point. If you’re not getting the vapor production you’re looking for then bump it up 1 watt at a time. If you’re getting into the 20’s tread lightly, you could end up burning your coil and you’ll know by the nasty taste.
The Vape oil in my tank is starting to taste funky! What do I do?
It’s time for a new coil. They don’t last forever, and you may even see yourself replacing the coil 2-3 times per bottle of CBD Vape. So just go ahead and replace the coil and start fresh. Trust us when we say, “Your taste buds will thank you”.
How does a CBD Vape Pen work?
- Tip – You put your lips to the mouthpiece and inhale.
- Tank / Pod – The tank or pod holds the oil that is poured into it.
– The tank or pod contains a coil (heating element), an absorbent material (cotton or silica) that sits inside the coil and gets saturated with the CBD vape oil
- Wick – The absorbent material that keeps saturated with CBD vape oil. The coil heats the wick and produces vapor.
- Coil – The heating element that’s powered by the battery and vaporizes the oil that’s on the wick.
- CBD Vape Juice – The good stuff.
- Vent – When you’re taking a puff the vent helps draw in the vapor to your mouth. No vent equals no draw.
- Battery – Usually comprises the bulk of the device. The battery holds the energy to light up the coil.
How much CBD Vape Oil should I be using or vaping?
While legally a company cannot tell you how much CBD you should be using, we do have a chart showing how much CBD you’ll find in each of our CBD vape oils with their varying strengths. It will help guide you in how much CBD is in each dropper for easier dosing.
What can be said is, everyone is unique and a lot of variables come into play when picking the right CBD dosage. A person’s weight, height, metabolism, or even how much fat is stored in your body are all variables. These variables are important for you to feel the benefits of CBD, and believe us there are many.
We recommend starting low and slow to find the perfect CBD dosage that makes you feel good
- Fill your tank or pod style CBD vape device with our premium CBD vape oils. Your flavor choices are Blue Razz, Manga Mango, Berry Grape, or our Flavorless Additive.
- Now try 3 consecutive puffs spaced out by 30 seconds, sit back, and relax for an hour. Do you feel better? If you answered yes, then congrats you found a dose that’s perfect for you.
Didn’t feel anything?
Bump your puffs to 4 and so on until you feel the benefits of CBD.
Once you’ve gone through your entire tank of CBD Vape oil it’s time for a “CBD Vape Oil Refill”. Your tank or pod should have a way of refilling. Check the manufacturer’s instructions.
Here is our “CBD Vape Dosing Chart”, it will help break down how much CBD our CBD vape oils contain.
What is the best vape mod (device) for cbd vape oil?
As avid vapers of CBD oil, and hundreds of tested mods we confidently say that the Smok Nord2 kit is the best CBD vape starter kit mod / device.
Nord2 Highlighted Features:
- 1500mah battery – makes for longer smoke sessions
- OLED screen – This is a bit much but you can clearly see your settings
- Colors: They have a different color for everyone.
- Vapor Production: It’s great, it produces nice thick clouds
- Air Flow: Really good
Can you mix CBD with Nicotine Vape?
The answer is yes you can. We’ve crafted a flavorless CBD Vape Additive that you can simply add to your favorite nicotine vape juice.
Using a tank or pod style system you can add a blend of your favorite juice and our Flavorless CBD Vape additive. Again the chart above will help you understand how much CBD your adding to your blend.
The types of devices you need to vape CBD
There are a few different types of devices you can use, and below we’ll go over some of the most popular types of devices used to vape CBD oil.
1. The Classic Vape Pen
To vape CBD oil you’ll need a special device like this vape pen that is made up of a battery the lower part of the device and a cartomizer which is where the CBD oil would be housed.
When you click the “On” button on the battery (lower part of the pen) it will send power to the coil inside the cartomizer (top part of the pen with the glass) which will then vaporize the CBD vape oil.
These classic style CBD vape pens are perfect for beginners. They’re minimalistic and tons of great companies have these CBD vape oil pens for sale.
Recommended for: Beginners
Type: Battery and Tank style
Disposable Tank: Yes
Replaceable Coil: No
Battery Life: Low
- Easy to carry – Put it in your pocket or purse.
- Discrete – Because of a slim profile and low vapor production.
- Rechargeable – Most are rechargeable.
- Easily refillable – You’ll have to do this often if you’re using it a lot.
- Small Tank – You’ll have to refill your tank more often.
- Battery life – It’s very short and it can become a tedious task to recharge often.
- Low vapor production – You don’t get those pleasing clouds if you’re into that.
2. Vape Device with a Tank
This type of vape device is considered a “Box Mod” with a tank. It consist of the device (the big box that hold the batteries), the tank (glass enclosure that holds the oil) and a coil (located inside the tank), which is the element that vaporizes the CBD Vape liquid.
Sounds like a lot of pieces and maybe even a lot to handle right?
These devices are can be great for beginners and advanced users. The simple process of replacing the coil and filling up your tank that in most cases holds up to 3ml (milliliters) of CBD Vape oil, meaning one tank can last you through the week.
These types of box mod hold either a large battery or in some models multiple batteries to help extend usage without having to recharge the device often. Yes, it’s definitely bulkier but you won’t run into the problem of having to charge your batteries as often. It means more vaping and less fiddling with batteries and re-charging.
Recommended for: Intermediate / Advanced Users
Type: Battery and Tank style
Disposable Tank: No
Replaceable Coil: Yes
Battery Life: High
• Extended battery life – Less recharging.
• Rechargeable – Some have internal batteries and some regular have batteries.
• Big Tanks – Tanks come in various sizes but all hold a lot more CBD vape oil (Juice) than a pen.
• Easily Refillable – See manufacturer recommendation.
• Styles – Many different styles to choose from.
• Bulky – These types of vape devices are not the most discrete.
3. CBD Vape Pod System
These CBD vape pod systems are the newest evolution of the vape device. They come in various shapes and sizes but generally are small in size. They are made up of a battery and a pod that contains the coil and wick. The pod snaps into the small battery making it super convenient to carry around.
Some are disposable, meaning they either come pre-filled with your favorite CBD Vape oil or come empty and you fill them. There are others where you keep the pod and simply change out the coil.
These pod systems have come along way and they have some really cool features, like:
- Draw to hit – There is no button to push to fire the vape, you simply take a draw and it provides you with a mouthful of vapor. It also makes it safer in case you like to put your vape in you snug pocked which might accidentally fire.
- Variable wattage – Meaning you can change the wattage to your liking.
Recommended for: Beginner / Intermediate / Advanced Users
Type: Battery and Pod style
Disposable Tank (Pod): Yes / No (All depends on the system)
Replaceable Coil: Yes / No (All depends on the system)
Refillable: Yes / No (All depends on the system)
Battery Life: Medium / High
- Easy to carry – Put it in your pocket or purse.
- Discrete -Slim profile.
- Rechargeable – Atomizers hold a lot more CBD vape oil (vape juice).
- Disposable Pod – Simple to refill and or dispose of.
- Technology – It’s the latest vape technology.
- Style – Tons of different Pod style systems in the market.
- None – These systems are for CBD vape oil.
What is CBD Isolate?
CBD Isolate (cannabidiol) is a crystalline solid or powder the has a high purity of up to 99%, CBD is a cannabinoid of approximately 113 that is found in the hemp plant.
This cannabinoid (CBD) is extracted from the hemp plant using 1 of 2 processes. Either Supercritical C02 extraction or ethanol extraction.
From there the cannabinoid rich oil then goes through a refinement process. The process strips all the other cannabinoids and impurities leaving the ol’e might powerful CBD intact. The CBD then goes through yet another process that turns the crystalline in a pure powdery form making it ready to use in an end product like our CBD vape oil.